Thursday, June 12, 2014

Girls Camp 2014

The past two years I have served as the Stake Girls Camp director, some of my earliest thoughts about camp - before we even went are documented here. 

You can read a quick review of Girls Camp 2012 here (you don't want to miss that recap!)



Originally I was only asked to serve for one year, but lucky me, I got to do it again. Girls Camp 2013 ideas are all here.. (seriously so fun!!)





Are you over Girls Camp? Do you need some tips on making the perfect girls camp t-shirt? After doing it for two years and hearing fabulous comments from the young women, here are some tips to the perfect girls camp t-shirt!



Fast forward to Girls Camp 2014. This year I am not in charge (can I hear shouts of joy?? - don't get me wrong, I LOVED this calling, but it was the calling that has stretched me most!) But this year I do get to go to camp.

A friend stopped me the other day and said, "Are you having a hard time letting go {of doing Girls Camp}?" Ha. No. Nope. Not at all! It was sooooooooooooooo much work, I am so happy to be taking a break this year. I am a YW leader and I am going this year, but so far my assignments include bringing an afternoon snack to share {homemade salsa and chips anyone?}.

I am so excited to be a part of such a fun week! I am so thankful to Sister Clarke who is over Stake Girls Camp this year {and who was my amazing assistant this year!}. She is so organized and talented - this coming week is going to rock!

So while you are enjoying your showers this week, enjoy it a minute longer for me! Showerless from Tuesday to Saturday is not really my thing, but we can do hard things! :) Happy Week to each of you!. I loved this calling and found so much joy {among the many tears!}. I am thankful for all of the help I received (both from friends and family and heavenly help!) to help make the two years of camp I was over a huge success!

Happy Girls Camp week! A camping we will go!

2 comments:

Lisa Henry said...

I sure need one of those blue shirts for Sister Henry--if anyone has an extra, send it my way! =)
You are amazing, I sent this post to our also incredible Stake Camp Director for future use.

Alexa Zurcher said...

You are awesome! Can't believe all the work you did-you deserve a big break!!