Monday, May 18, 2015

Please pass the kleenex

I don't usually have Kleenex around the house. Everyone just fends for themselves and uses t.p. Either I need to invest in a box or try not to use up all of the toilet paper this week.

I have been to a lot of missionary homecomings at the airport. Oh the joy to see the missionary hug his sweet mom and then the rest of his family. It always brings me such joy!! What a happy, wonderful reunion. What I didn't understand then is the huge tears that always came from these moms (and from other family members). I mean, this was a joyous occasion- they must be tears of joy having your sweet son or daughter home!!?

But as we get closer and closer to the arrival of Elder Call (four days from this very hour!), man alive I know for certain why these mama's were crying!!  My emotions are soooo tender right now and the spirit is so incredibly strong right now. MY SON IS COMING HOME!! After two years of not hugging him, he will be in my arms on Friday night!!! (yes, the tears are currently flowing)

I can only imagine this must be how our reunion in heaven must be like when we pass away and see our loved ones again and hug our sweet Heavenly Father again. Does He know of our time to come home like we know the arrival of Elder Call? Is He anxiously awaiting our return to hug us again, for it has been a long time since He has cradled us in His arms? Is His heart as tender knowing that He will see and hug us one day soon?

I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the missionary program. If I didn't know of my Saviors love for me and my Heavenly Fathers love for me, there is NO WAY I could have sent our son away for two years. Instead, I did, because I knew I could. To share the gift of the gospel with others is a small token of my thanks as a mom to Heavenly Father for entrusting me with five of the sweetest, most valiant children ever.

So yes. On Friday night, I am going to cry. I am going to hug that boy with all I've got. I will never, ever regret sending him off on his mission, but I am going to enjoy his return - huge hug, tears and all.


No comments: