Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Don’t forget to say thank you!

 

What if you woke up today

with only the things

you thanked Heavenly Father

for yesterday?

We have SO MUCH to be thankful for every day!  This was a great reminder for me.

I am so very thankful for my loving family. I love my dear husband so much. He works incredibly looonng hours every week to keep his business going and to keep us fed. He makes sure we have a weekly date, of which I love. He is kind, considerate, honest, helpful, always goes the extra mile and is always there for us. He is truly amazing and I am so blessed. I am also so thankful for: loving children, a new & fabulous son-in-law, children who make good decisions regarding their lives, wonderful sisters who I couldn’t live without, my mom who without a doubt is my hero, my dad who taught me to eat chocolate cake for breakfast, our lovely home, functioning vehicles, all of our extended family, neighbors and friends who are like family to us, sunshine, warm weather, the perfect smell of fresh air, a pantry that we can live off of when the checks haven’t come in yet from his business, new recipes, starry nights, daydreaming, scriptures, kind words from others, the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, the opportunity I am given daily to serve others, the blessing of being a woman, wife, sister, daughter and mother, the temple, chocolate, diet coke, bike rides, beaches, long walks, cell phones, lunch dates, loving Heavenly parents and my Savior Jesus Christ, which without Him I would have nothing!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Carey Family of Four said...

Wonderful Post! I am thankful many, many of the same things you have posted. And now adding you for writing such a great reminder.

larajanepark said...

ALL OF THE ABOVE!! But I'm especially thankful for you Amy. For 41 years you have been my best friend,confidant, roommate, mothering hotline, advice nurse, counselor, child psychologist, marriage adviser,divorce mediator, second mother to my children,travel planner, blessing bestower, prayer dispenser, recipe keeper, game maker, expert baker,super sister. I thank the heavens for you every day. If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't be here. And I love ya. To the moon. xoxox